The sump pump protects your basement from water damage. But, it can perform this action if it is working properly and free of defect. There are many problems that may cause the need for sump pump repair illinois and it is imperative to call a professional at the first sign of trouble. The sooner you call for repair, the less hassles you’ll worry about. But, you can take a few preventative measures to get your sump pump ready for spring. Some of those tips include:
– Regular professional maintenance ensures the system works properly. Make sure you hire an expert to come out and inspect the unit once per year.
– Do not depend only on the professional inspection. Keep your eyes open for problems and do not wait to take action if there are problems noted.
– Clean the inlet screen -and keep it clean. You should stick to a once every 3-4 months schedule for the inlet screen.
– Have the sump cleaned at least once per year.
– Read the owner’s manual and familiarize yourself with the maintenance information inside. There is valuable information that you’ll learn.
– If the unit uses oil, make sure that you keep it properly lubed in order to keep all of the parts running smoothly.
– Every few months, pour water directly over the sump pump to ensure the bubbler floats properly. If it doesn’t float it is time for service! Pick up that phone and make the call to the professionals to make a fast repair.
Make sure these sump pump tips are used in your home to keep the unit performing at its best throughout the summer season. You’ll be glad you spent a few minutes of your time caring for the sump pump the way that it should be!